Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Operation: Destruction Part Una

So, just like the rest of us, I am itching for spring...I long for short airy dresses and open toe wedges...but alas Mother Nature has decided to keep spring at bay. I am totally sick of my clothes and I am too broke to buy anything new. Up-cycling is the plan for me. Over the past 2 years I have lost about 100 pounds, and still have a lot of my clothes left. Yes, I should have given them away...but I REALLY REALLY like them. I spent so many years holding on to clothes, mostly because I had a hard time finding stuff that fit and was fairly fashionable. Each weekend I plan on taking them to a charity...and don't. With my perpetual goal of being honest with myself, I decided to recycle and up (or in my case down) cycle my clothes. I have started with a pair of slacks that are made from a fabulous Cotton/Lycra blend. Also I discovered that the best way to learn to make something is to tear it apart first. I got up and close with waistbands and pocket...two things I have a hard time with....I can't wait to try them now! I hope to have some pictures posted of this adventure soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment