Sunday, January 16, 2011

Updating on the finishing thing

Pretty purple scarf: Finished! I am really happy...I plan on posting some pics here soon with the pattern. I am waiting for my days off so I can use natural daylight.

The arm-warmer? DONE!!! I started them on Christmas eve...so they are reminiscent of peppermint...My son says he likes them...but I don't think he is to happy with the colors. The round small (blue) knifty knitter is too big to make mittens and arm warmers for us so I knitted in a flat panel and sewed them up. I used a cable cast on, then knit one round and purled one round..then knit 2 rounds and purled one round till I got to the desired length (approx 6 inches) then I did a rib stitch for 6 rounds. sewed up the side left a hole for the thumb...I am definitely going to play with this now that I know some extra stitches.

The beret...sadly that's the 1/3 that I haven't finished...

But there are a couple of projects that I started and finished this week...A hat for my hubby..he has been "hinting" that I haven't knitted him anything...forgetting about the slippers...any way I whipped up a hat for him...I did a rib stitch for about an inch and a half then for about 27 rounds I did a moss stitch. (round 1 k1p1 round 2 p1k1) My knitting buddy said it looked like a hippie hat...Again will post pics soon.

Current project...and last till my beret is done...is a very similar to a marine DBU cap. (totally didn't know what it was called until today) for my youngest son. I am using red heart camo yarn. I am really excited about it and can't wait to finish and take some pics...I am going to have to take my time so I can get some pics of it before I give it to him. I will post the pattern when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment